Wednesday 18 January 2012

My Skin Routine

I suppose one of my redeeming features, make-up wise, is my clear skin. I personally put this down to a strong dislike of any fizzy drinks when I was a youngster, but as I've become older, the perils of late nights and alcoholic beverages have caught up with me. So it is even more important for me now to start looking after my skin, while I am still (relatively) young.

For my face, I use two main products. Firstly, every 2-3 days, I whip out the amazing exfoliating glove. I bought it from Boots many months ago - I suggest replacing your gloves every 3 months or so, just to keep them fresh. They are a staple product for my skincare routine as they make my skin so soft. I normally use Dove Cream Soap Bar.
My (lone) exfoliating glove.

The glove in more detail - you can really see the texture.

 You can find them here: http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Exfoliating-Gloves_1228627/ (at £2.66, a definite bargain!)

After exfoliating, I use the miracle moisturiser which is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. This is a pretty thick formula, and smells absolutely divine - a beautiful blend of cocoa and shea butter. I normally put this on after my skin has dried a little. I tend to use this on my face, but can be used all over the body. It works well for stretch marks too.
The packaging of the moisturiser.

The consistency of the moisturiser. It's yellow in colour.

You can find it in all major Boots stores, and online at http://www.boots.com/en/Palmers-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Lotion-250ml_2327/ It is £3.77, and definitely worth it for the amount of time it lasts - I've only had to buy two in the last year!

Finally, a problem I often have is dry hands. To combat this, my lovely mother bought my family different products from the "Gorgeous by Gok" range, which is currently in Boots (can you see a trend?!) Luckily for me, I got the hand balm, and I have to say, it does the job well. You don't need a lot to keep your hands moisturised, but I get the impression it doesn't last as long as I would have hoped - a couple of hours tops. Top-ups throughout the day are necessary. However, it smells nice, and the consistency is lovely too. Overall, a good product, although unsure if I would buy again. 
Here we have the packaging of the product - easy to use and very squeezable!

Only a small amount needed, and you can see it is a bright white colour.

And there we have it! My skin routine, for the world to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment