Monday 30 January 2012

NOTD: Max Factor Mini

One nail colour I have been avidly searching for is a gold nail polish, which NOWHERE seems to stock (in Boots, that is!) So eventually, I resorted to buying the gold nail polish in Max Factor's new range of mini nail polishes.

Application wise, it is pretty standard, with a good brush and spreads the polish well. I did need a couple of coats however, to get the desired depth of colour - I put two coats of the gold and a basecoat on too. Chipping wise, it has a few, but not too bad - other reviews have said at least 1 week's wear, so we will see how that one fares.

The dinky little bottle! 

The polish in natural light



I would absolutely love to try this as a glittery topcoat for pinky-reddy hues, to make the nail a lot more spring-like!
I think, however, one of the downsides to this range is the price - £3.99 for one tiny pot of polish? Not Max Factor's best work, although I acknowledge they tend to be at the higher end of the price range.

(N.B. As far as I am aware, the shade is called Ivory - how bizarre!)

No comments:

Post a Comment